HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Honda Accord EX How do I Reset the Immobilizer Theft-Deterrent

Customer Question

How do I Reset the Immobilizer Theft-Deterrent System in a 2003 Honda Accord?
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 5 years ago.
What was replaced on the vehicle?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Nothing was replaced. But I was installing a remote start on to this car. I already removed the remote start from the car and left the car as it was and still the car won't start and there is a green light blinking which I believe is the Immobilizer Theft-Deterrent System cutting the fuel to the car.
Yes this is telling you it's not reading the chip in the key . Are these original factory keys ?Was the remote start wires into the harness ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes they are original factory keys. I conected the remote start and a bypass module from crimestopper and the bypass module connects directly to the inmmobilizer. But I already removed everything from the car it is wired exactly how it was from the factory thats why I want to know how to reset the Immobilizer, or what else could it be?
There is no reset it either reads the keys or there is a problem with the wiring or the transponder ring around the ignition switch which reads the chip in the key. Trytl the is leave the key in the ignition turn to where the radio will operate disconnect the battery for 20 seconds then reconnect the battery and see of it starts. If not it's a problem with the system , key, wiring,or transponder ring. These need to be checked next. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.