HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Honda CRV I am having trouble changing the low beam headlight

I am having trouble changing the low beam headlight bulb on the passenger side of my 2006 Honda CRV.
I have successfully changed the low beam bulb on the driver's side twice, but the right side is really giving me trouble.
Is it possible to damage the retaining wire when removing the burnt bulb?

When I attempt to put the retaining wire back in place, I can't get it to hook on anything.
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 3 years ago.
Yes it could have bent.If you remove the battery you will have enough room to see what happend and bend the spring back if needed the extra room is what you need . This is the next step. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience: 13 year honda platinum level
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the reply, but (per the first sentence of my question) I am trying to change the passenger side low beam bulb on my CRV. The battery is mounted on the driver's side, so I'm confused as to how removing it will help.

The access/visibility problem on the passenger side is caused by the air conditioning and a nasty sharp-edged structural brace that makes it really tough to see and greatly limits hand motion. The layout only allows left hand access, and very little room for that.

With the bulb assembly out, I can put my fingers into the opening where the wire should hook up, but I can't find what it's supposed to catch on.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Sorry posted drivers side. Let me post a diagram to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This is my first time using this service and I am somewhat of a computer dinosaur.

After your post regarding sending me a diagram (for the passenger side of my CRV), I inadvertently clicked on something that authorized payment to you, which would indicate to you that my problem has been solved.

This is not the case, as I did not received any diagram, I still have a one-eyed Honda and now it looks like I may have spent $18.00 for your battery removal advice.

If you do have a diagram that would help me, I would appreciate it if you would send it to me.

Thank you.
Yes let me post it again sorry for any confusion.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I still have not received any diagrams.

Have you actually sent any?

If so, either I don't know what I'm lookong for, or the transmissions are not getting through?

Any idea what's going on?

Sorry it has not posted . Push it in and down.
ClickHere