Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  13+ years with Honda,ase certified over 25 years
13523613
Honda

CR-V: The battery died..anti theft light

My CR-V thinks its been... Show More
My CR-V thinks its been stolen. The battery died and after jumpstarting the car the clock reads the time and an error message. The radio dose not function and the anti theft light to the upper left blinks what can I do?
So the vehicle does run now but you just can not operate the radio and clock correct.
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
Yes that is correct. Also before the battery died clock and radio were working fine. The radio is one with the in dash six slot cd changer tape and am fm radio.
What happens is that when the battery is low or is disconnected The radio will do this. It is an anti theft system if the radio is stolen.
You should have gotten a small white card with the code on it when it was purchased new. If you do not have the card,look in the glove box for a sticker with numbers on it. A 5 digit number is XXXXX radio code. A longer number is XXXXX radio serial number I can get you the code from that.
If you find no card or sticker then try this:
Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
2. Turn on the audio unit, and make sure you see
COdE in the display. If you don’t see this
message, remove the backup fuse for
1 minute, and then go back to step 1.
3. Turn off the audio unit.
4. Press and hold the 1 and 6 preset buttons,
then turn on the audio unit. The display
toggles between two screens. The first screen
displays a U and the first four digits of the
serial number (for example, U2200). The
second screen displays an L and the last four
digits of the serial number (for example,
L0055). Ignore the U and L, and post the number here. I can get you the code from this number also.
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
I get an ErrE message and can not get it to read COdE just ErrE no numbers in the glove box when i hold the preset button's 1 and six it shows numbers U1559 L9613
I do have the radio code for you. The radio code is 46254.
The ErrE message is from too many wrong attempts at entering a code. you might have to disconnect the battery for a few minuets to reset the radio. You can also remove the "back up" fuse from the under hood fuse box instead of disconnecting the battery.
The radio will reset on its own but may take an hour of leaving it on.
You can still try entering the numbers now by using the radio preset buttons. If it does not allow you to enter the numbers then the battery will have to be disconnected,or the fuse removed.