Tim Mohr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Honda Accord I need a picture showing the timing marks on

I need a picture showing the timing marks on a 1992 honda Accord.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX will post the diagram for the timing marks below, these dont have a mark on the crank shaft like others, they have one on the camshaft gear, and the cran is alligned by the access hole for the flywheel on the bell housing, there will be a rubber plug that needs to be removed to see the timing marks,Tim
graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
One of the camshaft gears has a dot on it. How do these relate to the flywheel markings?
does this have the dual overhead cams?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, the dot is on the gear to the right of the crankshaft, I assume it lines up with the crankshaft center.
that is for the balance shaft belt, not the timing belt, if you are replacing the balance shaft belt, there is a plug on the side of the motor that needs to be removed and a special bolt inserted into the hole to hold the balance shaft in the correct position, i will post a diagram of it below,Tim
graphic