Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Honda Civic what is the spark plug wire sequence for a 1997

what is the spark plug wire sequence for a 1997 Honda Civic
Category: Honda
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago.

hi

here you go

thanks

Please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Honda Civic/Del Sol 1996-2000

FIRING ORDERS

To avoid confusion, remove and tag the spark plug wires one at a time, for replacement.

If a distributor is not keyed for installation with only one orientation, it could have been removed previously and rewired. The resultant wiring would hold the correct firing order, but could change the relative placement of the plug towers in relation to the engine. For this reason, it is imperative that you label all wires before disconnecting any of them. Also, before removal, compare the current wiring with the accompanying illustration. If the current wiring does not match, make notes in your book to reflect how your engine is wired.

FIG : 1.6L Engines Firing order: 1-3-4-2Distributor rotation: Clockwise image