1smartcarguy
1smartcarguy, Honda Technician
Experience:  assoc. degree in auto technology.
32196277

2008 honda fit: abs light..brake light..wheel sensors and brake system

I Have a 2008 honda fit the brakes are working well exept no abs the abs light and the red brake light are on solid after I check wheel sensors and brake system can I reset the abs code myself or do I have to take it to a dealer?
Resevour is full any ideas

1smartcarguy :

Hi, thank you for using justanswer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will help assist you today.

1smartcarguy :

most cases of an issue in the abs system for a honda is a faulty wheel speed sensor. you would need to have the computer scanned to retrieve the trouble code for the issue to diagnose corretly though.

by disconnecting the battery it would clear the trouble code, but if there is an issue electrically with a component the lights will return immediately anyway. Also when the issue is corrected 90% of the time the abs/brake dash lights will go out within a mile of driving .

1smartcarguy :

without knowing the trouble code it is hard to say what might be wrong.

Customer:

This happened in snow does corosion sometimes cause this or can snow slush ice damage connections?

1smartcarguy :

you could have got snow in to a connection somewhere. Also could have a damaged a wire if a clump of hardsnow came up and snagged something while driving over it.

Customer:

ok thanks sending payment

1smartcarguy :

no problem.