1smartcarguy
1smartcarguy, Honda Technician
Experience:  assoc. degree in auto technology.
32196277

How do I enter the radio code on a 2003 honda crv?

1smartcarguy :

Hi, thank you for using justanswer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will help assist you today.

1smartcarguy :

all you should have to do is punch the 5 digit number in when it says code on the screen. if it still gives you trouble. disconnect the battery for 5 minutes to reset the system.

after the 6th incorrect attempt it usually locks you out and you must disconnect the battery. let me know if more help is needed.

Customer:

My daughter, her crv, just informed me her mother had the radio replaced awhile back. No paper work. Where do I find the serial number so I can get the new code. It is a Honda radio. Will my local dealer be able to look up the code?

You will need to access the radio serial number. With that number I can retrieve the code for you. Press and hold 1 and 6 buttons while turning on the radio. The serial number will then display on the screen.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The radio serial number is XXXXX 23076739. Can you give me the radio 5 digit code?

Thanks,
Joe

this should be the correct radio code. 56314

If not then the serial number you provided is incorrect. remember the screen must say code on it before entering the 5 digit code.

1smartcarguy, Honda Technician
Experience: assoc. degree in auto technology.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It worked! This is great! I can send my daughter back to college happy and I'm her hero.

Thanks a million,
Joe