Brad, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

Honda CR-V: jump starting..starting my..reconnected..cables

Customer Question

During jump starting my Honda CR-V 2009 I connected the cable in wrong way. I quickly realized the mistake and reconnected the cables in the correct way. Nothing happens.
I imagine my battery must be severely damaged after being in reverse polarity...what can I do to fix the problem?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Brad replied 5 years ago.
First off have the battery tested. Yes, you may have done it damage but most likely it is ok.

In the underhood fuse box there is a 100 amp "main" fuse. Most likely you blew this and replacing it should restore power.

We'll hope that you didn't fry any of the electronic devices. Probably not but it's possible.
Expert:  Brad replied 5 years ago.
That fuse is #1 in this illustration.

Make sure the battery is disconnected as you have to remove the screws to get the fuse out. I don't want you to get shocked in the process.