Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2000 Civic EX: electric window wont close..Motor works fine.

Customer Question

2000 Civic EX, electric window won't close because it looks to be out of alignment and falling towards the front of the door and then just gets stuck. Can this be re-aligned? Motor works fine.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
Hello!

It sounds to me like you might just need a new window regulator. THis is very common!
You still might be able to re align it but you will not know until you get in there and have a look. You just need to pull off the door panel and you will be able to see the window regulator and the window itself and where it is coming off track.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How will I know what the window regulator is? How will I know if it is bad or not working correctly? Is this a physical part or electronic part? Could you provide some detailed instructions on how to remove the door panel and explain what I am looking for as it pertains to the "window regulator"? Is this part easily replaceable?
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
The window regulator is not that hard to replace. The do go bad quit often. It does take some time though and some elbow grease to replace it. YES... the regulator is a mechanical part that guides the window up and down. ONce you get in there it will all make sense because you will see how it works.

There is also a Technical Service Bulletin out about this problem. It is TSB # XXXXX

SYMPTOM
One or both of the front windows are binding or have come out of the window run channel.
Faulty window regulator, and the glass run channel is not seated correctly in the window channels.

Here are the new part numbers in the TSB that are needed to fix this condition.

graphic

Here are some pictures.

graphic
graphic
graphic
graphic

Edited by AMEDEE on 12/18/2010 at 4:44 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you have detailed pictures of removing the door panel also? I don't want to break anything in the process. This is an EX model, power everything.
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
I cannot copy and past anything from my manuals because of copy wright issues.

However, you can go to the following link and type in your zip code and then pick a dealer close to you you can click window parts and it will have a detailed picture of everything in the door and it will show you the door panel and regulator.

http://estore.honda.com/asp/selectdealer.asp
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Gotcha
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
THanks for the accept!

Good luck with everything!

Let me know if you have any further questions!