Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Honda Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Honda Diagnostics

Honda Accord EX-L The outside temperature gauge on my 05

The outside temperature gauge on my '05 Honda has quite working. Is this a repair I can perform?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 years ago.

Most commonly, this is a faulty Outside Temp Sensor. Check the wiring harness for broken or loose wires. If the visualy inspection checks ok, suspect a possible faulty sensor. This sensor is located behind the middle of the front bumper, and should be a fairly easy job for a DIY'er.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Finally got back to this project. Found it exactly as shown in the picture. Now, how do I get it out so I can take it to the dealer for replacement? (or this available at a regular auto parts store?)

Can it be removed from the front of the vehicle through the grill? I'm afraid to tug or twist as I don't want to damage the holder.

Is it easier if I remove the cover under the hood between the radiator and grill? This probably give me a better view of how it's attached. Thanks.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 years ago.

This part should be available from a local parts store, not nessacarily a Dealer-only item.

• Lift the tab (A) to release the lock, and remove the outside air temperature sensor (B) from the back of the front bumper beam. Disconnect the 2P connector (C) from the outside air temperature sensor.
  • Install the sensor in the reverse order of removal.