HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

2002 honda: my central locking system..remote key..unlock..doors

I have 2002 honda odyssey, my central locking system in car does not responds to the remote key signal. What can I do to unlock the doors to access entry?
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 6 years ago.
The key works manually correct?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes
So just the remote does not work correct is the battery good in the remote or is it damaged? Will it operate with the inside drivers door switch?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the battery in the remote is good because when I press the black button the red light blinks. I did not understand your second questions can you detail it?
Sitting in the drives seat using the lock unlock button it operates the locks correct?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I never tried that
Let me know if they operate or the drivers door lock sticks or makes a funny noise . This is usually a faulty drivers door lock actuator .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Right now I want to open the car door as I am outside. So you are telling me to open the door with key & not remote & the alarm will not sound. Is that right
Yes correct the alarm will not sound by unlocking the door with the key. If it does unlock it 2 times from the outside of the drivers or passenger door.