MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Tech
Experience:  26 YEARS of real world experience .
10834442

The clock just keeps flashing on and off

How do I reset my clock after I have put in a new battery? I have done this in the past on several occasions but this time nothing works. The clock just keeps flashing on and off. I hold the sound key down but no beep happens and nothing changes allowing me to change the hour or minutes or anything. 2004 Honda Accord V6
Category: Honda
Expert:  John G. replied 3 years ago.

John G :

Hi, I can assist with this. Did you re enter the radio code and does the radio play?

Customer :

I don't know if the radio plays or not, I didn't try it but I don't know what the radio code is or any other code either. I bought this used and it only had 19000 miles on it but where would I find the codes? Also, do you want me to run out and see if the radio works?

Customer :

Why does it say he is offline? I am not paying for nothing.

Customer :

The radio won't work either. Nor the cd player

John G :

OK, the clock will not set until you activate the radio, do you have the 5 digit code to do this?

John G :

If you don,t I can get it for you

Customer :

I don't have any codes

John G :

OK, check for a small white sticker in or on the side of the glove box

John G :

if you find it, relay the numbers to me

Customer :

There is one there but it has about 10 numbers on it and some of them are 9's My numbers on the radio don't go to nine. How do I do that?

John G :

OK that is the serial number. I can get the code with that

Customer :

ok I will get it and be right back

Customer :

It is 12394528

John G :

ok give me a minute

John G :

I cannot access it now i will opt out

Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 3 years ago.

Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you today.

please enter code 56122

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Let me go put that in. Does the car need to be on at the time I put the code in? Probably but does it need to have the engine running?
just turn the key on to the II position or start it. this part does not make a difference
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That didn't do a thing. When I push the knob in the middle of the sound turning knob, it either does the flash on and off or it goes to err3 but no matter what i push nothing happens. Just goes back and forth from the err3 to the time flashing but it is not the right time of course.

ok this is flashing a error code when you turn it on or after the code is entered .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When I turn it on

ok the system is locked out.

please disconnect the battery for 1 minute and then enter the code.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will have to have my son come over to disconnect the battery. We tried that last night anyway and it didn't work either. We disconnected the battery and when we reconnected it it did the same thing and did not let us put anything in.
This will happen after the code has been entered several times incorrectly.
Then the system locks out and needs to be reset.
Once the reset is done enter he code I have given you and the radio should turn on after the last digit is pushed.
MASTER TECH, Tech
Experience: 26 YEARS of real world experience .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How do I reset it ? I had my son disconnect the battery last night and then reconnect it and that did not work. Is there some other way to reset it ?

ok after the battery was disconnected did you enter which code last night ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
None, I did not know a code. We tried the one on the inside of the glove compartment but that evidently was the serial number because it had the number nine in it a couple of times and of course there is no nine on the radio.

well i can tell you if the radio is displaying a error then the system has to be reset.

sometimes these will be real stubborn and a hard reset will have to be done.

this will require both battery cables to be disconnected and then the 2 cable ends touched together for 1 minute and then reconnect. during this time its important that the battery cables DON'T touch the battery post.

then reconnect the battery and enter the code.

this will then display a code message on the screen and then you enter the 5 digit code i gave you.

has this had any work done to the radio ever ?

the reason i ask is honda does radio repairs and if done then a new serial # XXXXX code will always be given. then this will be different from the sticker you have.

so lets make sure this has not happened.

turn the key on and make sure the radio is off, then push and hold the 1 and 6 button and while doing this turn the radio on and it should display a code .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do I try this radio off push 1 and 6 turn on radio before doing the disconnect and reconnect battery? Also, after disconnecting the battery do I enter the code then when I see a code message I enter the 5 digit code again?

no try this before the battery disconnect.

turn the key on and then turn the radio off and then push the 1 and 6 button and then while holding these 2 buttons turn the radio on.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok

i see your in visalia

not far from my area.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Where are you from? I tried what you said and this is what came up - first a L4528 then a u1239

fresno

ok the code you gave is backwards let me re run the code.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Those number make up the so called serial number but without the letters L and U. I could be mistaken as to which number came up first but the sticker in the glovebox was correct. 12394528
yes not sure why this diplayed it backwards but the serial # XXXXX have on the sticker is correct
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Am I still waiting for you to find out if that was the right code? The 56122 ?
yes it is correct .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So now what do I do ? Do I still have to do the disconnect the battery thing and then put in the code ? What if I do all that and it still doesn't work ?

yes this hard reset needs to be done.

we can try to pull a fuse in the under hood fuse box. would you like to try that?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would that save trying the disconnect and reconnect the battery ? I probably can't even find the fuse box. And if we do the disconnect and reconnect the battery, you never answered if I am to put the code in twice or not. Once after the reconnect and then again after a code is displayed it is to be entered again ?

the fuse box is next to the battery.

once the battery is reconnected then you enter the code 1 time as the radio will turn on.

pull the # XXXXX fuse as shown by the red arrow

graphicgraphic

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thankyou for all this information. When my son gets over here we will try this and if it works I will okay the payment. Is that how this works ?

your very welcome.

Yes thats is how the site works.

but please don't accept if this is still a issue as my main goal is to make sure this is resolved.

Master Tech

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thankyou

your very welcome.

wish i was in the same town i could have this fixed for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It worked, thank you thank you

thats great News. glad i was able to help resolve this for you.

please take a moment to leave me some feedback if you have not done so already .

Master Tech