George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ years

Honda civic: car started..AC..RPMS..55-60 mph and it will kinda fade

Customer Question

this summer my car started making this really loud screeching sound when the AC is on (96 honda civic, 5-speed). it only screeches at certain RPMS like when i take off from a stop it will screech really bad through the lower gears until i get up to 55-60 mph and it will kinda fade out. this only happens when the AC is on...if it starts screeching i push the button to turn off the AC and it stops immediately. everyone says its some kind of belt?... also i don't know if this could be related but just in case-i can't get warm air to come through the vents...i've assumed they are 2 seperate issues since the AC does work but...?
thank you very much :)
Category: Honda
Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

Hello I will help you with you question,

The noise is due to a loose belt so if you want to adjust it yourself I can post a diagram with the procedure, the answer to your other question is waiting for you

Let me know what I can do to help you with your vehicle

Thank you