MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Honda Service Technician
Experience:  28 years of Honda training and a master Honda tech
10834442

what does a failed vent solenoid mean

what does a failed vent solenoid mean? My engine light came on and I had Autozone read the codes from the car. They gave Loose fuel cap.....vapor canister saturated.....failed vent solenoid....and failed purg solenoid as possible causes. I replaced the fuel cap hoping the least expensive cause would fix the problem.....That didn't work, the light is still on. Out of the 3 remaining possiblities...What do they mean and how much would a Honda dealer charge to fix?? Thank you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 6 years ago.

master tech :

Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you today.

master tech :

this is a evap system part and the system needs to be tested . the mopst common problem we see if the 2 way valve gets damaged from over filling the tank.