HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

How do I unlock the steering wheel on my Honda Civic

How do I unlock the steering wheel on my Honda Civic?
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 6 years ago.
Is the battery fully charged ? Is the car parked on an incline?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Battery is fully charged and car is parked on a level surface. I couldn't the key in at first, I think because the front wheels were turned. When I turned the steering wheel (as per the instructions in the manual) it turned (it looks upside down now) and locked. Key goes in the ignition, but won't turn. Can't get car out of PARK to move wheels. Steering wheel seems locked in place. Thanks for your help!
Ok this is caused by a malfunctioning ignition tumblers sticking . Try taping the head of the key with a hammer to try to reset the tumblers . Also try moving shifter and stepping on the brakes and see if it releases. Let me know of this works . If not you can call a mobile locksmith to come fix the ignition. These are the next steps . Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
None of the above worked, but its good to have an explanation. I will call a mobile locksmith. Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Ok, we should have thought of this first. For future reference, WD-40, sprayed into the lock did the trick. I haven't thought of any way that duct tape would be helpful.

Thanks for your rapid and attentive response!

Anytime . The tumblers were getting stuck . Glad it's fixed . Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.