HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

2003 Honda Odyssey,engine code P1456... what are the vapor

2003 Honda Odyssey,engine code P1456... what are the vapor canister,vent solenoid, purge solenoid, and their locations? The van seems to be running fine for the most part but my wife states that it hesitates occasionally. What are the average costs of replacement? I live in the Cleveland, OH area. Are they something I can replace myself, or do I have to take it in? I am fairly competent mechanically and have tools, but if these parts require special tools I'd rather just take it in.
Who told you that's the issue ? This is a large leak canister system usually a faulty gas cap . Did this happen after fueling up?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I went to Autozone, they hooked up the computer (that is what the code said). We made sure the lid clicked after fueling ever since we bought it new.
Ok this is what you do have the code cleared . If the same code comes back on then you will need to check for a large leak most likely the gas cap itself or the evap canister purge valve easily replaced about 70 dollars for the part . These are the next steps . Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can I clear that code, or Autozone... or is something that I have to go to a mechanic for?
Just disconnect the battery both terminals for 5 minutes to clear the code . Just make sure you have your radio code for the radio to work again . Or auto zone will do it for free.Hoped this helped . Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.