lorunner
lorunner, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  13yrs honda tech, 18yrs in the business, ASE certified, honda school and training
6428861

Honda Accord: Error 9 code displayed in my radio display.How can I get

I changed the battery of my Honda Accord 2005 and now I get Error 9 code displayed in my radio display.
How can I get rid of that error code?
Thanks,

Heberly
Category: Honda
Expert:  lorunner replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
lorunner :

Hello. did you push buttons on the radio to get that to display?

Customer:

Hi. No. It just appeared after the battery was replaced.

lorunner :

Ok. typically the work CODE will show on the radio when the battery is disconnected. If you eneter the wrong code it will count up to 10 if im not mistaken and than lock you out.

lorunner :

Do you have the radio code for the car?

Customer:

I don't.

lorunner :

Ok. is the car near you?

Customer:

Outside my house, so I can run and do stuff if you tell me to.

lorunner :

ok great. What model accord is this?

Customer:

LX I think.

lorunner :

ok. No navigation though right?

Customer:

No, no navigation.

lorunner :

ok. Go out to the car. Turn it on. Turn the radio OFF. push in the 1 and 6 radio station presets and hold them both in while turning the radio back on. It should display 8 numbers

Customer:

OK, let me go do that.

lorunner :

k

Customer:

So now I get Error E.

Customer:

Radio nor CD player still don't work.

Customer:

Although it let me remove the CD's that were in the player.

lorunner :

radio OFF. push in and hold 1 and 6 and turn radio ON while still holding them. Thats what you did?

Customer:

Yes

lorunner :

something doesnt sound right.

Customer:

Let me go try it again.

lorunner :

Ok look in the glove box for a small white label. About the size of an address label you put on an envelope

Customer:

ok, I'll go see if I see the label.

lorunner :

k

Customer:

Did it again. I get 1215 then I get 0733 and then I get Error E.

Customer:

No white Label that I can see in the glove compartment.

lorunner :

ok great

lorunner :

Ok your radio code is 46353. write it down and save it.

lorunner :

You may have to disconnect the rbattery for a minute. are you able to do that?

Customer:

sure.

Customer:

I think I can, never done it but shouldn't be too hard.

lorunner :

ok. first turn the radio on and press another button. One through 6. see if the error E changes to just error.

lorunner :

If it does try entering that code 46353

lorunner :

If it wont let you you will have to disconnect the battery to reset the radio

Customer:

ok, I'll go try that.

lorunner :

k

Customer:

Didn't work. I'll try disconnecting the battery later. After I reconnect it back what should I do?

lorunner :

After you reconnect it just turn the radio on. It should now say CODE. and only that. If thats the case just use the station numbers and enter that code i gave you.

Customer:

Ok, will do. Thanks for your help.

lorunner, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 13yrs honda tech, 18yrs in the business, ASE certified, honda school and training