HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791, Honda Technician
Experience:  OVER 20 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WITH 10 YEARS ACURA/ HONDA
8532170

i have a 2006 honda civic and my trunk wont open with door

i have a 2006 honda civic and my trunk wont open with door latch or key button
Category: Honda
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
HONDASERVICE7791 :

Hello, I am trying to better understand the problem you are expereincing. Does the trunk not open with the handle on the floorboard but does open when you use the key in the trunk lock ?

Customer:

it will not open with floorboard latch, or my automatic key trunk opener. i can not find a key hole to on trunk

HONDASERVICE7791 :

most of the time the problem is in the acutator within the latch assembly in the trunk, Look in the right turn signal assembly for the lock and try the key and see if it opens.

Customer:

the assembly on the back-do i have to take it apart?

HONDASERVICE7791 :

the latch assembly is one piece and if the acutator is bad you will just need to replace the assembly. It is just bolted on the the inside of the trunk lid.

Customer:

how can i do that if my trunk wont open?

Customer:

i cant fold my seats down to get in the trunk because the seat release is in the trunk and the emergency trunk release is in the trunk messed up huh?

HONDASERVICE7791 :

you can open it with the key in the lock in the trunk lid. the only part that is faulty is the actuator not the latch which still can be mechanically opened with the key in the trunk lock cylinder.

Customer:

there is no trunk lock cylinder assessable. i read one blog that says you have to take the seats out to get to the trunk and pull the emergency trunk release

HONDASERVICE7791 :

There is a trunk lock cylinder on the right side of the trunk lid. but anyway I have attached a copy of a bulletin with instructions on how to get to the trunk through the back seat. One in the seat you can access the emergency lever click here

HONDASERVICE7791, Honda Technician
Experience: OVER 20 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WITH 10 YEARS ACURA/ HONDA
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.