thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience

98 Honda CRV manual a/c How do you replace blower motor resistor

98 Honda CRV manual a/c How do you replace blower motor resistor? Do you remove moter & sqirrel cage to replace or split case?
Category: Honda
Expert:  thebesthonda replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with this.

Yes, just remove the 3 screws at the bottom of the blower motor and the squirrel cage drops out, then remove the resistor through that hole. I have some images below to assist you.

graphicgraphic

thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience: 26 years experience
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I put resistor in as you said I unplugged a module with orange plugs then plugged them back in without turning key on. A/C works now but I think I have to much 134 in Hi pressure goes way up heading to over 300 I shut it off. Should I take out all 134 & if so what is capacity to refill, what should the operating pressures be & at what RPMs? Also now ABS & Bat lites are on. Could I have caused this by unplugging the orange plug module under blower motor or grounding plug at dryer to make compressor & fans run? I put my scanner on MT2500 & volts are only batt It also says alternator is only working at 95% Belt seems tight shoulld I take out alternator & have it tested?

How did you fill the system? With a recovery machine or from a can?

What voltage output does the alternator show?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

From manifold & Guages w/ 30 lb

after charging 12.6 & dropping

Thanks. These need to be filled with a recovery machine because refrigerant is measured by weight much like a propane tank on your gas grill. There is no exact way to fill these from a can. It should hold 1.5-1.6 lbs.

The low side should be around 30-40, the high side around 275

Check to see if both cooling fans operate when the a/c system comes on. If one of these is not working, the pressure will read to high.

As for the charging issue, check the black/yellow wire on the alternator for 12 volts with the key on. If it has around 12 volts, yet the alternator does not produce at least 13.5 volts, the alternator is bad.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is the blk/ylw wire the 1 that is bolted on? If soit reads batt vgoing down w/more accessories going if you rev it it goes up to 12.1. I believe it has a bad diode,what do you think?

No, it's in the plastic connector that plugs in the back side of the alternator.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
With plug unplugged blk/ylw wire reads batt v at the plug 11.6 & dropping when plugged in it's the same but when I pugged it in the alt put a load on the engine & the same no charge
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
With plug unplugged blk/ylw wire reads batt v at the plug 11.6 & dropping when plugged in it's the same but when I plugged it in the alt put a load on the engine & the same no charge
Thank you. Your alternator is bad.
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience: 26 years experience