HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

2002 Honda Accord-LX: the passenger outside door handle..cyl

Customer Question

How does one replace the passenger outside door handle on a 2002 Honda Accord-LX-4 cyl.?
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 6 years ago.
There are 2 bolts one a piece of black circle tape is covering the whole you go through on the door panel to get to the bolt did you remove that?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, I did remove the circle tape. The exposed holes are not near the rear door handle bolt.

There are the two 10mm bolts that hold it in, you will also need to remove the retaining clip that holds the key cylinder in place. The rod connected to the key lock cylinder should be fairly straightforward to remove. The only real issue should be removing the joint from the plastic bushing so that you can remove the door handle. If you can't pry out the joint w/o breaking it there are two methods to go about getting the door handle off. You can remove the three screws on the side of the door (they hold in place the door lock) and lift the rod up more to be able to unscrew the handle from the rod or you can just keep prying with a flat head.

Do you have the 2 10 mm bolts out holding the handle.

Justy got to remove 17 then you can get to the bolts its a bracket once the bracket is off you can remove the handle.

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This is the rear door. There is not a key cylinder. I have one of the 10mm bolts removed. The rear 10mm bolt is unaccessible. I tried to remove the door latch held by three screws. The top two came out ok. The bottom one is really tight. So, any suggestions?
Yes just remove the ten mm bolt that holds the side rail for the window track and pull that track down and out you should be able to get to the bolt. Also an impact screw driver or Phillips with a wrench over the end will get the Phillips screw out for the latch.