Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

97 honda: motor mount..rubber sleeve appears to be..loose

97 honda crv rear motor mount needs to be replaced. rubber sleeve appears to be in reasonable condition but I do see a split thru one side and engine does not seem to be too loose on its foundation. how critical is the replacement recommendation? thanks
Category: Honda
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.

Although not torn all the way at this point, remember that any weakened mount puts added stress on the other mounts and over time will cause their failure as well. Based upon your description of the shape it is in, I would have it changed in the next couple of months at the most.

Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.

If you have any questions on this, feel free to ask for more help, otherwise please remember to click the accept button so that expert is paid for their time, knowledge and experience