Steve, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  13+ years with Honda,ase certified over 25 years

I replace the drivers side multiplex control unit..odometer

Hi, I replace the drivers side multiplex control unit, in order to fix the odometer problem, but did not work, should I reset something to make this work?
What kind of car are you working on? Does the speedometer work?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
HONDA ACCORD 1998 VIN 1HGCG5647WA1555763, and yes the speedometer is working. The problem it self is with the odometer because doesn't display the numbers correctly (digital). Somebody else ask the same thing, and another person sugest to replace the drivers side multiplex unit, I bougth it, replaced it and didn't work. What should I do?
if the odometer doesn't display the numbers correctly your problem is in the instrument cluster. I have seen a couple of these and when tapping on the top of the dash the numbers may come back on but will go back out again.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Then, should I replace the instrument cluster? If so? is this going to afect the actual milleage?
yes when you replace it the new cluster will have no miles on it. there is a company that you can send the new one to that can make the new one read the mileage you have now.
Palo Alto Speedometer, Inc.XXXXXbr />Palo Alto, CA(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr /> this is the company Honda suggests.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Steve, now how much you think the new cluster is going to cost me?
Depending on the part number you may spend $160.00 to 350.00 for the parts