Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Honda Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Honda Diagnostics
18617752

P1361 code on a 2001 Honda Civic..... What do I do

P1361 code on a 2001 Honda Civic..... What do I do?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.

This p-code is point to a fault in the TDC Sensor (aka Camshaft Position Sensor). An intermittant fault in this sensor will cause the vehicle to stall. Replacing this sensor should solve your problem.

• Remove valve cover.graphic
  • Remove the grommet (A) from the upper cover, and disconnect the camshaft position (CMP) (top dead center (TDC) ) sensor connector (B).
  • Remove the upper cover (C).graphic
  • Remove the CMP (TDC) sensor from the cylinder head.

• Install the CMP (TDC) sensor in reverse order of removal.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.

I was just doing a follow-up to see how you made out? If you have any follow-up questions, please ask! I see you have made a deposit, but have not yet clicked Accept. If you need more help, please ask. If you have made a deposit, but have not clicked Accept, you will still be charged your deposit amount. Just Answer will be paid, however, the Tech that actually helped you, Me, does not! Please support the Techs that bring the quality information and services that make Just Answer the great site that it is! If you are satisfied with my answer and feel it has helped you, please click Accept. If you cannot find the Accept button, simply type "I Accept" in reply to this message.

Thanks in advance!