MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Tech
Experience:  26 YEARS of real world experience .

My car jerks when I stop at the light. It runs with no problem

Customer Question

My car jerks when I stop at the light. It runs with no problem for the first 10 miles. The problem appears after about 10 miles, and at about 20 miles, I also have problem accelarating. At the distance it takes a while for the transmission to engage. I have replaced spark plug and did the transmission fluid flush. It runs better. But both questions are still there. I would appreciate if anybody can give me some hints.
Category: Honda
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 4 years ago.

hello welcome to the site

do you see the shift light flashing or the check engine light come on ?

have you checked the transmission fluid yet and if so what was the condition ?

also is this a v 6 or 4 cylinder ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When the problem first appeared, there is no check engine light.

After the person from autozone replaced the spark plug, the check engine light comes on, and I turned it off by un-plugging the battery.

I went to a transmission store, and he said no signal from the car computor. And he suggested to do the transmission fluid flush and I did it.

The car is V4 and has a mileage of 157,000 miles. It's a 2001 Accord LX.

My friend took a test dirve on highway, for 30 miles, it runs very smooth and without any problem. The problem happens at low speed and after I drive for 10 miles.

ok this sounds like a shift solenoid or a pressure switch.

if this is doing it all the time i would take it to a shop or the dealer that can do a live data snap shot of the transmission and they will be able to capture the problem.

it's not uncommon for transmission failures on a 01,having this done will give some insight of the issue.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks a lot. I guess mine is a complicated problem. I probably need to take it to a shop.

Max

yea some of these are a hands on diag and able to correctly read the data the cars is sending.

i do this type of work every day at my dealer and knowing how to read all the data will enable me to correctly diagnose the problem.

wish i had a more simple solution but their is not due the complexity of this problem.

honestly having honda perform this diagnoses is the best thing you can do.

when you go their ask the adviser to have their master tech bring the hos and set it up and go for a test drive with them.

then your able to correctly show the problem to him and he will be able to take a good data snap shot.

with this data he can then contact honda engineering and send this to them and they will be able to look the data over and make a correct diagnoses

Master Tech