1smartcarguy
1smartcarguy, Honda Technician
Experience:  assoc. degree in auto technology.
32196277

1999 Honda Civic: the blower motor to work only on high speed..1.6l

What would cause the blower motor to work only on high speed on a 1999 Honda Civic 1.6l engine?
Category: Honda
Expert:  1smartcarguy replied 4 years ago.

Hi, thank you for using justanswer.com. My name isCustomer XXXXX i will help assist you today.

What model civic is this? ex/lx/si

Just to double check you replaced the power transistor as located in the diagram below.

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, the power transistor was replaced as indicated. Vehicle vin# XXXXX XXXXX What model civic is this?
Is it a single cam or dual cam engine?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is a single cam engine (already stated in 'optional information'.

Sorry, overlooked that.Surprised

here is the testing procedure for the system. You either have a bad power transistor - out of the box, bad wire, or the actual heater control panel will need replaced.

You will have to perform the test below with a multimeter. The usual fix for this is the power transistor, but since that didn't work it would leave me to believe you might have a wiring issue as I hardly ever replace the heater control panel. It is possible though.

graphic

graphic

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What in your opinion is the simplest way to go about resolving this problem? Also .what model civic is this?

The easiest thing to do if you are not able to diagnose with the steps above would be to just go to a junk yard and get a new heater panel assembly for a couple bucks. If it doesn't repair it then you will have to start tracing the wires for a broken wire or burnt wire.

This model civic would depend if the engine says vtec on it or not. vtec would be an EX model, and a DX if it doesn't say vtec. If you don't have power windows or door locks either then it is a LX

Though if you simply have a piece of wire to use as a jumper wire. You can perform some of the tests above pretty easily and could probably narrow it down with that some.

Hope this helps

1smartcarguy, Honda Technician
Experience: assoc. degree in auto technology.