John G.
John G., Honda Technician
Experience:  Dealership tech since 1982. ASE and Honda Master Technician.
13120563

2005 Honda Odyssey - green immobilizer light flashes. I had

2005 Honda Odyssey - green immobilizer light flashes. I had this happen before, and the next day the valet key worked. I tried the valet key, but this time it doesn't work. Is there a time limit before it will start again. FYI - I started it, then realized I forgot my cell ppone, so I turned it off, went to get my phone and then it would no longer start.
Category: Honda
Expert:  John G. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I can help you with this.
There is a failure in the immobilizer system. There could be a bad component , or its memory may have been cleared somehow. If you have not, try all the keys you have for this van and see if any will start it. If not, the keys will need to be reenter to the system.
This requires special equipment that only a Honda dealer or a few locksmiths have to do so. There is a procedure you can do, that will allow the car to be driven a few times so that you can avoid a tow bill. I will need the VIN to get the code for this procedure.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The VIN is 5FNRL38815B016159
Expert:  John G. replied 4 years ago.
Here is the code. 5FNRL38815B016159 COUNTER: 0 IMMOBILIZER BRAKE CODE..: 06 04 03 04 02 Please follow this procedure carefully..............

Use your normal key

2. Release the parking brake.
3. Insert the ignition key into the ignition
switch.
4. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II). Wait for the
brake indicator bulb check to complete.
5. Enter the first digit of the five-digit Immobilizer
Brake Code by setting and releasing the parking
brake that number of times within 30 seconds. For
example, if the first digit is four, set and release the
parking brake four times.
6. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0). This enters
the first digit into the ECM/PCM.
7. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), set and release
the parking brake the appropriate number of times,
and turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) to enter the
second, third, fourth, and fifth digits.
NOTE: When you turn the ignition switch to ON (II),
the immobilizer indicator stays on. The indicator
stays on even when the ignition switch is turned to
LOCK (0).
8. After you enter the fifth digit and turn the ignition
switch to LOCK (0), the immobilizer indicator blinks
three times and then goes off. You can now start
the engine with the temporary key.
NOTE: This procedure is only a temporary fix.
When you start the engine with the temporary key,
the immobilizer indicator comes on and stays on
while the engine is running. And when you turn the
ignition switch to LOCK (0), the indicator does not
blink as it normally would.
9. Start the engine within 10 minutes or you must
repeat this procedure entirely.

Edited by John G on 4/23/2010 at 3:56 PM EST
John G., Honda Technician
Experience: Dealership tech since 1982. ASE and Honda Master Technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can't use the key I have? I have to use a new one?\
Expert:  John G. replied 4 years ago.
I edited the post and you must have seen it before that. You can use your keys...