HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Acura legend no spark or pulse to the fuel injectors

Customer Question

acura legend no spark or pulse to the fuel injectors
Category: Honda
Expert:  Virtual Wrench (L J) replied 4 years ago.

Have you checked to be sure the distributor rotor is turning when cranking the engine?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes all timing parts are brand new engine timing is not the problem

Thanks,

I had to ask :-)

In most all cases like this that we see, it's the igniter at fault. Below are the instructions for testing it.

• Disconnect the 8 pin connector from the igniter. Make the following tests at the harness pins.
  • Check the BLK wire and BLK/O wire for continuity to ground. Continuity should exists. If not, check for poor ground connection at G102, for Legend. If okay, check for a faulty ignition coil or and open circuit.
  • Turn the ignition switch ON , check for voltage at between the following circuits. Voltage should be present at each point:
    1. WHT and ground
    2. WHT/GRN and ground
    3. WHT/BLK and ground
    4. WHT/BLU and ground
    5. WHT/YEL and ground
    6. WHT/RED and ground

• If voltage was not present at each point, check for a blown fuse; No. 25 fuse for Legend. Both fuses are (30 amp). If ok, check for a faulty ignition coil or an open circuit.
  •  

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    i have already replaced the cmp ckp pcm icm checked the main relay ign switch and all engine grounds i think .Also grounded dlc to check for fault codes but check light just stays on solid its like pcm no receiving signal from cmp ckp sensors.
    Did you replace the igniter?
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    yes
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    need good wiring diagram for this car
    I'll have to open your question for other experts who may have that for you. No need to reply back to me, if someone has it, they will reply to you. Good luck.
    Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 4 years ago.
    Ok if the check engine light is on and you can not get codes this is a very good sign the ecm is shorted out.Was there any work done recently on the car?
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    I had head gaskets done about 2 months ago, drove it for a month it was amazing how good it was running then as I was driving down the street it just shut off and now it turns over and doesnt start<br />also had a mech look at it anh he says theres no pulse to the fuel injectors or trigger signal to the coils if the ecm is shorted wheres a good place to start looking for the problem. also had the cmp ckp senor replaced avd tryed a used ecm and icm out of desperation. So any insight would be great i have no problem paying for someones time and knowledge.             or call me at(NNN) NNN-NNNNdave
    OK if the head gaskets were done has anyone checked timing have seen the belt break and even jump after this repair?
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    100% sure its not a timing issue i reset the belt after cmp ckp sensor was replaced
    Have you tried a main relay located under left side of dash?
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    yes ran the tests and had continuity for all of them,
    No the pgm-fi relay was this checked?
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    is that the main relay on the left of dash
    Yes under drivers dash.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    yes, and got some test diagrahm from factory shopbook and did the continuity test to see if it was good and all of them tested good. could the relay still be bad and show continuity in the test?
    Yes absolutely . Honestly I would try to replace the replay or remove it and open it up and resolder the board.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    changed the main relay and still no start, removed ground and check engine light went out but no start
    OK check the ground at the thermostat housing if this bolt is stripped an the round is loose it will cause this issue.Let me know.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    checked that its good an its tight
    OK you said its a new engine was it for the same year?Has it run since?Also that grounds is not broken in the harness?Could be the ecm.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    not a new engine, new head gaskets, ran great for 2 months and then it died. already did an ecm, im gonna blow this thing up, it only got a hundred thousand on it.
    OK give me a minute to look something up?
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    take your time buddy i appreciate the time your giving me
    Ok thought it was going to be that ground at the thermostat.It did die while driving correct?And you set the cams and crank up to top dead center and they are perfect just need to know before I look into another cause.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    yes it died while driving and all grounds have good connections, and cams and crank set to dead center
    OK let me check a few things out.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    ok also just wondering if this helps u. the mil light stays on even when cranking engine and when i try to ground the service connector it does nt flash the mil light at all it just stays on solid. I tryed going over it with a flow chart for that problem but got a little lost
    Ok I will look it over also the ecm was for the same exact year correct?
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    as far as i no the bone yard ask me for some part # XXXXX it so i asome its rite? also weres the IMA sensor it said somthing about disconnecting that for a test in that flow chart.Book says its by the ecm
    Ok let me look something up.
    This was the relay you replaced correct.

clickhere

Let me know.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    yes
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    definatley changed that
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    any good news, cause im about out of options
    Ok its either the cam sensor is bad behind the cover or the wrong ecm this is all it really can be if everything else checks out ok.

clickhere

Hope some of this helped.

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    changed the cam sensor, and the numbers on ecm matched up. i just think its one stupid wire somewhere and i cant get or download a good wire diagrahm/flow chart for this car
    Usually its the ground at the thermostat.I honestly would try a different ecm next .You could of got a bad one or the wrong one.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    i will, and i'll get back at you
    OK ill be here.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    thanks buddy i really appreciate your patience
    No problem.