Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  13+ years with Honda,ase certified over 25 years
13523613

98 honda civic: which is electronic load detector high voltage

i have a 98 honda civic. its throwing a p1298 code which is electronic load detector high voltage. i have replaced the alt. brand new i have replaced the load detector used. at first it would go 30 to 40 miles and throw the 7.5 amp fuse under the dash but now it throws the fuse in seconds at idle.what might be the problem?
Hi, I can help you with this.
There is an old service bulletin out for just this issue. HERE is a copy of this information.
There is a wire harness under the intake manifold that shorts out and blows the fuse. It will set the P1298 and also cause the speedometer to work erratically.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The link you sent me for the service bulletin isnt good. Please send me a good link.
I am sorry about that. Try this link HERE ,I changed computers.