Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  13+ years with Honda,ase certified over 25 years
13523613

2003 Honda Accord: blower motor..the Honda dealer who..Control Module

My 2003 Honda Accord's A/C does not get cold. The blower motor works and the heat works fine. I took it to the Honda dealer who told me it needs an Electronic Control Module--the computer for the entire engine and that this would cost $1,000.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
That is possible that it is bad because the a/c signal does go through the engine computer. I would get a second opinion though as that failure does not happen often.
You might just have a bad a/c compressor relay or clutch.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
They said they think the clutch and compressor are okay. Is the compressor relay a different part? Just the other day, it did get cold (while driving moderate speeds, 35mph avg) but not today whe driving on the freeway at 65. Sometimes it gets cold if you are going fast, but sometimes it won't.
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
Yes the relay is different. They will need to recheck it while it is working and monitor the car till it quits. i have seen a couple clutches fail when hot.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks! I can't find the accept button...I hope that this reply will make it show up.
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
sorry I didn't give you a chance to accept until now.
I hope my information has helped you.