thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience

1994 accord code 14 engine lopes above idle

Hello. Have you performed the troubleshooting procedure for code 14? If not, this needs to be your starting point. Do you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That's not what I mean. There is a troubleshooting procedure that walks step by you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i do have a voltmeter.. i followed the procedure on th Snap-on Modis scanner..

You have a 94 correct? It doesn't have an obd2 connector for a Modis.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
snap-on solus pro sry...
Ok, CLICK HERE for the Honda troubleshooting procedure for code 14. Let me know if you have trouble.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
your procedure is slightly different than the scanner's.. im jumpering the a9 and a23 wires.. so far i havnt heard a click... the scanner didn't explain that.. the scanner told me to pretty much take the valve off and test it with voltage supplied to it and it clicked but not by jumpering the wires @ the "A" connector.
Yes. This is the one from Honda. These seem to be as thorough as you can get.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

my a9 circuit is blk/blu. my a23 circuit is grn/wht.both circuits have voltage on them w/ a light and voltmeter, and are located one on top of the other on the connector. not the same as the pic.. assuming i have the correct terminals the switch doesnt click... the pic show one + and the other -

Does your volt meter have a continuity tester?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Check continuity from the black/blue wire at the ecu to the black/blue wire at the IAC.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

4 ohms

My tester beeps for continuity, not sure what the ohm reading is supposed to be. Does yours have a beeper?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

nope... no beeper

Ok, I think you are ok on that anyway. You said you replaced the iac? New one or used one?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
new from a local parts store. we also replaced the computer its used
Weird. Did this happen all of the sudden or after a repair?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

not sure but during all this testing, connector "A" the blk/blu wire got pushed in @ the connector and wasn't making its connection.. it was making connection w/ a light and the voltmeter. when you plugged it back up.. no connection... well repaird that.. so far so good.. no mil light no codes and no surging problems... going to test drive..

Awesome. Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

works great thatll be bout 40 bucks preciate

Kewl. Just glad it's fixed.