HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

Honda Odyssey Not Starting. What Can Be Done?

My wife's Honda Odyssey won't start. When you put key in ignition, all dashboard lights work properly, heat, radio etc. all appear okay. So I don't think it's a battery/power issue. When you turn the ignition, the lights act properly and the Blinking Green Key goes off - so shouldn't be the anti-theft or problem with chip in key. Car makes absolutely no sound when you try to start it. No clicking. No seeming attempt to turn the starter. Nothing. Fuses seem okay (though I didn't pull them all and check, I did check the ones that were two items I don't know what they are - i.e. I didn't pull and check doors, radio, lights, etc)

Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 6 years ago.

Do the lights dim when trying to crank it over? Will it start in neutral?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No - lights don't dim. Won't start in neutral either

OK this is either a connection issue at the starter or the starter itself. Try disconnecting the battery both terminals for 15 minutes and reconnecting them and see if it will start. If not it's a starter or wiring issue. Also if this has an after market alarm this will also cause this. These need to be checked next.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Will do, but can't now - car is actually in a public garage -will check on it and get back to you. There is no after market alarm.

OK still could be bad cells in the battery. Also all lights will work just won't turn over or accept a jump.