Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 20+ Years
28939717

my car wont start, the lights still work but it wont turn

my car wont start, the lights still work but it wont turn over
Category: Honda
Expert:  Paul M ASE Master replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer

have you tried jumping it?

the start takes a bit more amps to turn then the headlights?

if you know the battery is good check for the start signal on the small wire at the starter with a test light

put one end of the test light to ground and touch the other end to the start wire terminal or inside the connector have a partner turn the key to start

if the test light lights and the battery is good replace the starter

if the start lead does not light the test light you may have a ignition switch or nuetral safety issue

is it automatic? did you try starting it in nuetral?

let me know if you need more help

thanks

Paul M.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is an automatic but i cant get it in nuetral and i domt know what you mean by the test light

why can't you get it in nuetral?

if you turn the key foward so the dash lights come on then step on the brake it should move into nuetral if not you may have problems with the ignition switch

in order to test the starting circuit you will need to know how to use a test light.

try getting it in nuetral and let me know if it starts?

there is also a starter relay that can fail

click here for a diagram of your starting circuit

let me know what happens when you get it into nuetral and try?

also you never answered me if you tried a jump start or not?

thanks

Paul M.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have no got a jump yet i have some one cumming over to give me a jump they should be hear in 10 min. i just got the car in nuetral, the dach bord lit up and it sounded like it was trying to turn over but naver did

Sounds like your battery might be weak

put the jumper cables on the car and let it sit for around 10 minutes before you try starting it this will give it a chance to charge

let me know what happens with the jump

Paul M.

Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech
Experience: ASE Master Tech 20+ Years
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes the jump worked thank you