George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

Honda: rear window..I need to replace the existing nozzle assembly

honda crv rear window washer nozzle broke.... how to get at the the panel to replace the nozzle as I need to replace the existing nozzle assembly
Category: Honda
Expert:  George H. replied 4 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

There is a TSB for this condition that has a new nozzle kit. Here are the instructions to replace the nozzle

Let me know if you have further questions about this

Thank you

Trim Removal/Installation - Tailgate Area

Special Tools Required
KTC trim tool set SOJATP2014 *
* Available through the American Honda Tool and Equipment Program.

NOTE:

• Put on gloves to protect your hands.
  • Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when prying components.
  • Take care not to bend or scratch the trim and panels.

1. Remove the tailgate upper trim panel (A).
  1. Disengage the hook (B) and tabs (C) from the left tailgate side trim (D) and right tailgate side trim (E).
  2. Pull the tailgate upper trim panel by hand to detach the clips (F, G, H), then remove it.

08-034

June 13, 2008

*Applies To: XXXXX*

2007-08 CR-V: Rear Window Washer Nozzle Is Missing or Broken (Supersedes 08-034, dated May 16, 2008, to update the information marked by the black bars and asterisks)

SYMPTOM

The rear window washer nozzle is missing or broken, and washer fluid leaks into the vehicle's interior.

PROBABLE CAUSE

The rear washer nozzle was damaged by an ice scraper.

VEHICLES AFFECTED

CORRECTIVE ACTION

Install the updated rear washer nozzle kit.

PARTS INFORMATION

Rear Washer Nozzle Kit:

WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION

In warranty:
The normal warranty applies.

Operation Number: 7421A7 Flat Rate Time: 0.2 hour *Failed Part: VIN begins with JHL: P/N 76850-SWA-003 H/C(NNN) NNN-NNNNVIN begins with 5J6 or 30Z: P/N 76850-SXS-A01 H/C(NNN) NNN-NNNN Defect Code: 01801 Symptom Code: 05909 Template ID: 08-034A (Japan-built) 08-034B (Ohio- and Mexico-built) Skill Level: Repair Technician

Out of warranty:
Any repair performed after warranty expiration may be eligible for goodwill consideration by the District Parts and Service Manager or your Zone Office. You must request consideration, and get a decision, before starting work.

REPAIR PROCEDURE

1.Remove the tailgate upper trim panel:

^Refer to page 20-78 of the 2007-2008 OH-V Service Manual, or

^Online, enter keywords TRIM REM TAIL, and select Interior Trim Removal/Installation-Tailgate-Area from the list.

2.Pull the washer hose off the the rear nozzle, and remove the nozzle and the nut.

3.Install the new nozzle with a new nut onto the glass.

4.Reattach the washer hose to the nozzle.

5.Disconnect the washer hose between the body and the tailgate, then remove the hose joint.

6.Install a new check valve joint with the arrow or the taper pointing towards the nozzle.

7.Reinstall all removed parts.

8.Test the rear washer for proper operation. If the spray area is not within the standard position, adjust the nozzle:

^Refer to page 22-223 of the service manual, or
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can't open the images that you sent. What format is it on?
Expert:  George H. replied 4 years ago.

It is .htm If you are using google chrome install the IE tab

Let me know your browser

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hi, one more question, it is best for me to have the dealer do it and would you guess the cost?
Expert:  George H. replied 4 years ago.

I would do it myself if I were you, the cost is about $10

You got the images?

George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master Tech 15+ years