Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2003 crv had an abs sensor light..hand brake..brake light..ABS light

Customer Question

2003 crv had an abs sensor light on because wire broken but 1 week later e-brake comes on and stays on. I checked fluid and hand brake and tapped on fluid tank to make sure float wasnt stuck but e-brake light still on. Could this be related to the ABS light being on for a week?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
If just the ebrake light is comming on it is caused by a failed fluid level sensor or parking brake switch. Unplug the brake level switch and if light turns off replace switch if it stays on replace parking brake switch. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

already tried unplugging sensor and light stayed on, also wiggled hand brake to see if light might go out but no go. all my brakes and rotors have been replaced 1 month ago.

ABS sensor was on for a week then e-brake light came on ... both lights stay on.

Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
Ok, if your abs light is on also then it could likely be a wheel speed sensor. To test the sensors use a voltmeter and check for AC voltage while spinning the wheel and whatever sensor does not put out voltage needs to be replaced. If they all put out voltage you will need to bring vehicle to a shop to retrieve the diganostic codes for the brake system. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I know it is ABS sensor because the wire is broke on right rear wheel which generated ABS light but that was the only light that was on for a week before e-brake light came on as well.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
Well I would start with the wheel speed sensor and if the brake light is still there unplug the parking brake switch and if light turns off, parking brake switch needs to be replaced. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.