John G.
John G., Honda Technician
Experience:  Dealership tech since 1982. ASE and Honda Master Technician.
13120563

I have a 2005 Honda Accord 4dr, and the power door lock is

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Honda Accord 4dr, and the power door lock is not working (front passenger side sometimes work, sometimes only unlock, sometimes only lock), the power windows on all 4 doors do not work, and all 3 buttons on the keyless entry key does not work.

Also, with the key in the ignition, when I lock the door, the door does not unlock as safety feature, but immediately after closing the driver side door with the key in the ignition, the power lock unlocks all doors two times back to back.
Category: Honda
Expert:  John G. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I can help you. The body electrical systems are computerized and rely on data transmissions from control unit to control unit. It sounds like one of the units in your Honda is not working. Try to "reboot" the systems. Disconnect the battery and hold the two cable ends together for a few minutes. Reconnect them and try the systems again. Make sure you have the radio anti theft code. You will have to re enter it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just gave that a try, and it didn't work.
Expert:  John G. replied 4 years ago.

Ok, This is not a do it yourself thing, It requires the Honda test equipment to find the cause. The most likely cause being the drivers side multiplex unit. See info from a service news article on this issue...........

Got a vehicle with power door locks that won't lock with the key less remote or the power door lock switch

but unlock with them just fine? Follow these steps to find and fix the problem:

1. Hook up the HDS, and check for B-CAN DTCs.

• If you find any B-CAN DTCs, refer to the applicable system troubleshooting in the S/M and fix the

problem. Clear the DTC(s), then go to step 2.

• If you don't find any B-CAN DTCs, continue with normal troubleshooting.

2. Recheck power door lock operation using the keyless remote and the power door lock switch.

• If the power door locks now lock, you're done.
  • If the power door lock still won't lock, go to step 3.

3. Do a battery cable reset by disconnecting the battery negative and positive cables and connecting

them together with a jumper wire for 15 minutes.

4. Recheck power door lock operation using the keyless remote and the power door lock switch.

• If the power door locks still won't lock, replace the under-dash fuse/relay box (it contains the

MICU). Refer to page 22-77 of the '03-07 Accord S/M. (Online, enter keywords FUSE BOX, and

select Under-Dash Fuse/Relay Box Removal and Installation from the list.)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My friend who looked at my car also thought that it was the driver's side multiplex unit too, but I wanted a second opinion.

Is the part number for this unit 38200-SDN-A22, so that I can get one for him to try?
Expert:  John G. replied 4 years ago.
Yes it is the part number. I just looked in the catalog.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was searching this part number and a lot of the listings mention that it is for 2d. Will this part also work on my 4d?
Expert:  John G. replied 4 years ago.
I looked up for an ex 4 door and its the same number but with an A21 at the end
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have a LX V6 4d. A21 for mine too?
Expert:  John G. replied 4 years ago.
38200-SDB-A21 / BOX ASSY., FUSE
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just replaced the Fuse Box, but it still does not work.
Expert:  John G. replied 4 years ago.
Did you have the battery disconnected while doing the job?
If not disconnect it for 30 minutes and then try it again.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes the battery was disconnected.