jzautotech
jzautotech,
26247494

As I am driving I feel my car wobbling as if my wheel, which

As I am driving I feel my car wobbling as if my wheel, which I am assuming it is the front passenger side wheel, is wobbling itself. If I let the steering wheel go while driving slowly it tends to want to go to the right. Is the tire out of balance, or has it snaked or is it something worse?
Category: Honda
Expert:  jzautotech replied 6 years ago.
first you should check to make sure your lug nuts are tight and your wheel isn't going to fall off. next if you have a jack, jack up the right wheel and try to spin it by hand, if it does not spin freely you probably have a locked up brake caliper. also grab the tire with your hands and wiggle it back and forth, if it wiggles around the wheel bearings are more than likely bad. hope this helps. please accept if your satisfied
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If I take the car in the shop... how much can I expext to have to pay... with the worst being the wheel bearings. So it does not sound like to you that the steel belt in the tire has started snaking?
if it's the wheel bearings you'd be looking at about 2 hours labor and as much as 100 in parts. as far as it being a belt shifted, they usually don't cause a shake that bad. may also be a bent rim if you have a lot of pot holes by you. but I would definitely jack up the front of the car and look over everything on the right side of the car to be sure. hope this helps.