Rob Tech
Rob Tech, Honda Master Technician
Experience:  25 years in automotive industry with knowledge from the past to the most recent Hondas on the road.
25812679

Hi, My 2002 Honda Accord wont start. The battery is not

My 2002 Honda Accord won't start. The battery is not even a year old, and we tested it - battery is OK. There is some corrosion on the plugs, but we've cleaned off. There is no power when the key is put in and turned. No dashboard lights, no headlights, only the horn works. We tried jumping, nothing. The car has not been acting up, the only change was that I put oil in the car in the morning because it was low. I usually put W30 in, but put W20 in because that is what is on the lid. Any suggestions?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Rob Tech replied 7 years ago.
Hi, let me see if I can assist you. Just one question first to be sure we go in the right direction. When you turn the key the engine will spin over but will not start correct?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, it won't spin, no lights, dead dashboard
Expert:  Rob Tech replied 7 years ago.
I would recommend checking your main fuse. I am pretty certain the horn is not on this fuse but everything else is. It should be a large fuse in the engine area fuse box located near the back of the engine at the base of the windshield. It should be about an 80 amp fuse (different looking than the others) Check it first and let me know what you find. Remember to hit the accept icon if my answer is helpful to you a deposit does not account for an acceptable answer. Let me know if I can assist you further. Thank you.