HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

2001 accord: clutch pedal..the slave cylinder and tried to bleed

i have a 2001 accord and have lost pressure on clutch pedal. I tried bleeding the clutch to no avail. just changed out the slave cylinder and tried to bleed again but i am not receiving any change in situation. i have zero pressure on the clutch pedal and have repeated bleeding steps at least 100 times. any ideas?
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 7 years ago.
HAve you checked the clutch master they are known to leak also?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes, the fluid level is same as before the problem came up. when i bleed the clutch there is no change in the fluid level in the resevoir. it seems like the fluid isnt moving throught the system.
No look inside the car with a flashlight above the clutch pedal and see if its wet.Alot of times the clutch master itself goes bad.If it is you need to replace that also.The I will give you directions on how to bleed the system correctly.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no sign of wetness around clutch pedal base. When i do the bleed process, more times than not, nothing comes out of the valve. no air or fluid. is that normal? I am also hearing a click when i press in the clutch about 1/4th the way down.
No thats not normal you need to bleed the clutch the correct way I will post the procedure.Need to look inside the car where the rod from the clutch master comes through the fire wall and see if its wet.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
not wet. adding to the bleed process if anything does come out of the bleed valve it is very little, maybe a small puff w/ a little bit of fluid.
Ok this is what needs to be done.You need 2 bottles of dot 3 brake fluid.Attach a hose that fits over the slave cylinder bleeder and then insert it into the new bottle of brake fluid.Then place it in a drain pain it will make a slight mess.Then open the clutch master cylinder remove the screen and put the new brake fluid bottle upside down in the master cylinder.Now open the bleeder on the slave cylinder.Then pump the clutch pedal by hand 6 times or so.Always make sure the master is full.The pump the pedal again 6 times by hand.Do this 3 or 4 times always making sure the master is full so no air gets in .The tighten the bleeder of the slave cylinder and you should have a pedal once again.If this does not work open the slave cylinder bleeder and just let it gravity bleed.This is what needs to be done.If there is still an issue its either a defective slave cylinder or clutch master.