HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

2003 Honda: side power windows..passenger side..drivers side..fuses

Customer Question

2003 Honda Pilot.
drivers side power windows does not work, passenger side windows work but drivers side controls don't work, power lock does not work on drivers side but does work on passenger side. all the fuses are good. any thoughts?
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 6 years ago.
Does the drivers master switch work any of the windows or door locks?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
nope, the driver master switch does not do anything. a few more details... the cabin lights do not come on automatically when you open either doors on the drivers side. the power lock button only works on the passenger side. all the other windows work fine and so do the locks when using the passenger side button, including the drivers side. my mechanic checked every fuse and the wire haress that runs from the door into the car. he did not think the window switches were getting power.
Ok the most common issue is the master switch witch has a multiplex unit built into the switch fails. The other possibility is the drivers multiplex unit is bad. This controls all that's failing I would have this checked first.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I just replaced the drivers side multiplex unit. The same problems persisted but this time the headlights did not work. I pulled out the new unit and put the old one and now everything works like it did before......and the driver side window always came and went anyways....Where or what is the master switch witch? confusing sentence above. Thanks... If you can figure this out I will bump the $9 to $27 and spend the next three weeks writing positive reviews...
Ok the multiplex unit I was talking about is integrated in the drivers door master switch. You need to replace the drivers door master window switch . It has all 4 window controls on it. Also the multiplex unit you replaced on the back of the drivers fuse box would need to be for the same year and model to work properly.If it did not work the interior lights it could have been the wring part.The other possibility is a faulty drivers door switch for the interior lights or a failed window regulator motor for the windows.There is also a multiplex unit on the back of the passenger fuse box .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I tried two suggestions with no luck.