Andrew, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Currently working for Acura at this time with previous work with volvo

2008 Honda Civic: alarm has gone off 4 times..noticeable..20 minutes

Customer Question

2008 Honda Civic, alarm has gone off 4 times in the last 2 days when car is shut off, as long as car is running no alarm. Not sure why? No outside influence noticeable as it happened 20 minutes ago and no one was near it. I removed the #12 and Main Light fuse so my neighbors don't hate me and my battery doesn't die through the night. Any ideas as to why this might happen?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Andrew replied 6 years ago.
there are a variety of reasons why this would happen. could be a faulty control unit or a faulty door sensor. you are going to need to get to the dealer as this issue will be covered under your warranty they will also be able to read codes for this system and see what is setting it off and fix the issue for you.
Expert:  Andrew replied 6 years ago.
do you have any other questions about this issue
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do they read the codes through the OBD II port? I am stationed in Germany and don't want to be given the run-around.
Expert:  Andrew replied 6 years ago.

yes they use a machine called an HDS this talks specifically to each control unit in the car as opposed to a general obd2 code readed which only reads the codes in the pcm. the

hds would beable to talk directly to the alarm to see why it is going off