Kyle N.
Kyle N., Honda Master Tech
Experience:  Honda Dealer Tech, ASE Master Auto Tech

Auxiliary input jack to work in my 2006 Honda Odyssey?

Customer Question

How do I get the auxiliary input jack to work in my 2006 Honda Odyssey? I have the wii hooked up to the jack but can't figure out how to select the aux input on the video screen
Category: Honda
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 6 years ago.
Have you plugged in the AV cables from the Wii at the armrest console?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes - I plugged in the AV cables in the Aux input outlets located in the back row of the back passenger seat
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 6 years ago.
Okay from memory I think you need to have controls in the rear enabled and you hit the DVD/AUX button on the rear control/remote in the overhead. Sometimes people have the rear control locked out and then you can't get it to work. You may have problems though with the Wii's pickup sensor for the remotes. I've never tried it in an Odyssey but at home mine is pretty sensitive what it picks up. I suppose you'll have to mount the sensor somehow.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When I push the DVD/AUX button, nothing seems to happen. Do you know how to unlock the rear control?
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 6 years ago.
Press the "rear pwr" button then press the "Rear RR" knob I believe.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Kyle, I still have not been able to get the auxiliary input jacks to work. I had already tried the recommendation that you made, but I appreciate the ideas and input.
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 6 years ago.
hmm, what does the screen doing?