HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

My car shakes heavily when changing into first gear..clutch..revving

My car shakes heavily when changing into first gear. The car's engine and clutch were completely replaced about 5 months ago. If I give it a lot of gas, it doesn't shake as much, but then I'm over revving and it seems to get worse when the car has been driving for a while. I also have a problem with water somehow getting into the car when it rains and completely soaking the floor in the driver's side front and the back on both sides, but not the front passanger side. Any ideas of what is going on and how much this might end up costing me to fix?
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 6 years ago.
Where is the shaking coming from under you seat the steering wheel ,does this happen only when accelerating?As for the water coming in was the windshield ever replaced or was the car in an accident?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The shaking feels like it's coming from the front of the car, the engine. It only happens when trying to shift into first gear from a complete stop. The car shakes quite a bit when idling, more than it did before the engine was replaced. The winshield was never replaced and the car was never in an accident.
OK did the water leak start after the motor repalcement ?Is the check engine light on?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, the water leak started after the replacement and the check engine light is not on, but the maintenance required light is on.
OK this is what needs to be done how long ago was the motor replaced?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
5 months ago
Ok what type of warranty did they give you on the motor?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It wasn't done at a dealership, it was done at a local mechanic, who gave us a year warrenty with the engine.

OK so what you need to do is go back to that shop who did the work.Most likely there are valves that are to tight or even internal motor damage if it was a used motor.As for the water leak most likely a grommit for the engine harness that was left loose since it happend after the motor replacement .This is what needs to be done next.