HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

1992 honda accord: shakes..idling in gear..neutral..engine mounts

1992 honda accord shakes when idling in gear. There is minimal shake when idling in neutral. I replaced the engine recently and the engine mounts. It still shakes. I did not replace the transmission mount. Should I replace that or is there something else that is wrong?
Is it shaking like a misfire or vibration from a mount?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Its a vibration.
Ok did you change the rear vacuum mount?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok you need to make sure the vacuum line to that mount is operating correctly if not can cause a vibration.I would replace the rest of the mounts and check that vacuum mount .If its not operating could be the vacuum line is pinched or broke or the actuator for the mount is bad.This is the next step.Im sure you also replaced the front dogbone mount.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How do I verify that the vacuum line is operating correctly? If it is operating correctly what would be the next step? I did replace the dog bone and the drivers side mount already.
Ok with the car up in the air shifting from drive to reverse that rear vacuum mount should make a smooth transition.I would change the transmission mount and make sure everything is tight from the motor install.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok, I will look into that. Can I respond to this if I determine that the mount is working properly? It might be a day or 2.
Yes absolutely.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Great. Thank you!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I checked the vacuum hose and it seems to be fine. I disconnected it while the car was on jack stand and there was no difference. I then disconnected the sensor that the vacuum line went to and there was no difference either. Could that sensor be bad? Wouldn't that trip the check engine light? Also, should I be able to feel the vacuum at the end of the hose if I put my finger over it?
Ok that sensor is usually what fails if it was working you would see a difference when shifting from reverse to drive .As for vacuum on your fingure tip only when changing gears you would feel it.Start with the sensor.