MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Tech
Experience:  26 YEARS of real world experience .

i have a 99 honda civic ex wiring harness with a b16 distributor,

Customer Question

i have a 99 honda civic ex wiring harness with a b16 distributor, what wires on the ex harness hook up to b16 distributor?
Category: Honda
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 4 years ago.

see if this helps you on this.

graphic

Edited by master tech on 10/13/2009 at 5:26 AM EST
MASTER TECH, Tech
Experience: 26 YEARS of real world experience .

thats the wiring bit. Is your B16a OBD0 or OBD1? that will help a lot too. Look on the head and you'll see three circles with the production dates stamped on them. Like mine says 08 25 92 August 25 1992 etc. If you don't have a plug wire backwards you may have a dizzy plug in the wrong spot. Also, if your not using the right diz your computer is going to shit a brick. You have to use either a P30 dizzy (94-96 Del Sol DOHC VTEC) or a P2T dizzy (99-00 Civic Si dizzy) There really is no other way around it unless someone figure out something I haven't. If you cut the ears off the diz you may have trouble timing it in the future. I know the OBD1 b16A also uses colder plugs than the US B16A2. The Gen2 B16a had 10.4 compression vs the 10.1 in the previous versions and also uses a slightly more aggressive cam profile. The diagram above really helped, and you also may have to do a CKP/CKF mod to fool the ecu into thinking the second crank sensor is there. I may be telling you what you already know but the JDM model B16a (Gen1) only had 1 crank sensor in the dizzy (thats why using a B16 dizzy is really helpful) while the us models and the gen2 (i beleive) had two, one in the dizzy and one in the oil pump. The one in the oil pump is a crank fluctuation sensor, while the one in the dizzy is a crank position sensor. The CKF is a hard code which means if it trips, your car will run like utter shit. This is how to do the CKP/CKF mod

Edited by master tech on 10/13/2009 at 5:32 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have a b16a2 its a 2000 si block with a d16y8 wiring harness i did a motor swap and im trying to use my d16y8 harness
So what do you need besides the distributor info ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i need to know the d16y8 wiring diagram so i can match the harness to the distributor

ok so you are using a 99 ex harness for a 00 si motor yes ?

with a stock si distributor yes ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yea thats what im doing

ok im still researching this. i did my parts managers civic to a itr and used his cx harness and i had to use the switch the plug i know its a simple switch if i remember the blue tach wire will be left open on the dist side since its gets the signal from the coil.

i will try to post a picture from his car today and see if i can get a detailed picture of this.