thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

2001 Honda Accord: engine light came..diagnostics..clutch..000 miles

2001 Honda Accord - engine light came on - diagnostics done by Honda dealer and am told it needs clutch control solenoid on transmission replaced. Do you think this means transmission is going bad? Car has 270,000 miles but is in excellent condition and has been maintained according to schedule since purchase as new car.
Category: Honda
Expert:  thebesthonda replied 7 years ago.

What was your code? It will start with a "po" and should be on your receipt.

Chuck

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

P1773

Thank you. DTC P1773: Problem in A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve B Circuit

I have had several of these go bad and it doesn't mean that your transmission is going bad also. The solenoid is an external part that only takes an hour or so to replace and you should be just fine. I guess I have replaced 10 of them on the 98-02 Accords and had no trouble since. I hope this helps you, but if you need anything else, please let me know. I will be glad to assist.

Chuck

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your time.
You are most welcome. If my answer helped you , please click accept. If you need further information, please let me know.