Steve, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  13+ years with Honda,ase certified over 25 years

1992 honda accord: the steering wheel..air control

i have a 1992 honda accord and need to remove the steering wheel to get to the turn signal switch. I disconnected the battery, removed small cover on steering wheel for electrical air bag access, disconnected air bag, connected ground connector to air bag, removed small plastic cap on left side of steering wheel, removed bolt that allows left side of cover to come off, now I'm stuck. right side seems to be connected with similar bolt, but it would be behind the cruise control on the steering wheel. I can't figure out how to remove the cruise control from the steering wheel. I don't see any screws or plast tabs. Please help.
HERE is a page from the service manual that shows the cover around the cruise switch you must remove.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
STeve, how does the cover remove from the cruise control assembly? I don't see any tabs to snap off. it looks like from the diagram once the cover is removed from the cruise control assembly, you have access to the bolt through the assembly.
You should be able to use a small screwdriver to pop it loose.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
try two screwdrivers. every time i would get once size poped off, the other would pop on. Once I initially got both sides popped off, i had to really pull on it. I thought something was going to break, but it didn't. Can I get an answer to one more question before I pay you? Am I going to need a steering wheel puller to get the steering wheel off?
You shouldn't need a steering wheel puller. If the wheel seems stuck just try to to "pop" it of from the back side with your hands one side at a time.