ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience with Hondas. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.

1996 honda accord: the mainshaft speed sensor

Where is the mainshaft speed sensor on a 1996 honda accord V6 and how do you install it?
Hi,. thanks for asking..

Here is a picture of the location of the mainshaft speed sensor on your Accord:
As far as if it will fix your problem.. you trying to get me in trouble and make me tell you yes or no.. but I am not there to see for myself. If I was there.. HERE is a pdf of the procedure I would follow while diagnosing the p0715.. and HERE is the p0740 code on your Accord.

Hope it helps!

Edited by ase_master327 on 9/30/2009 at 5:37 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

thank you for the reply but I am having trouble finding it via the diagram you sent me. Do I have to take the battery out to see the sensor, and is the the tranny dipstick I am looking at in the diagram? That will help greatly!

Yeah, it is under the battery, you should try getting to it from the bottom..

Here isa nother view of where the various sensors are:
If it is not there, then I am afraid that the problem with your Accord, could be a wrong transmission.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you very much and thats not a nice thing to say about a man's tranny! LoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoL LMAO!!!!!! I will recommend you to all my Honda Lovers! If this dosen't work I'm trading her in for a new horse.