HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

2005 honda accord: my driver side window..cooling fan..stop working

Customer Question

I have a 2005 honda accord only my driver side window work the cooling fan the ac heat all stop working the windows went first what is the problem
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 4 years ago.
Ok did they say you need a new multiplex unit?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no just a relay module
Ok did your battery become weak or did you need to replace your battery then this happened.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no as i said the cooling fan the three windows the heat the blower fan all stop
Ok for the windows the child lock is not on on the drivers master switch correct? This will only allow you to operate the drivers window need to make sure the child lock is off the master switch.Does the car overheat?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes the child lock is off yes the car over heat when you put direct current to the fan it works therefore i am asking is it the relay module
Ok you have a few different issues was the car in an accident?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no
Ok the problem for the window is either a faulty master switch or shorted multiplex unit witch is the actual drivers fuse box its intergrated into the fuse box.The cooling fan is most likely the relay in the under hood fuse box could be shorted or there could be a broken wire.Also does the heater panel light up?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

or can it be the the entire moduel relay box we remove the relay and try to short or send direct current to each component did not work but when we send current to the fan directly it work so i am asking can it be the box that that house all the relays

awaiting your reply

Yes it is possibly ,did you try swapping the cooling fan relay and see if it works.Also does the heater panel light up in the car,does the blower motor work blowin air through the vents.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes the heater panel lite up but the blower motor is not working and yes we try swaping the cooling fan relay if it is the box can i buy and just replace the old relays or do i have to get all new relays and how much will cost please help me

Ok the blower motor not working is the blower motor reisistor you need to replace the blower resistor to fix this.Ok you need to check the fuse for the cooling fan which is in the under hood fuse box.If its blown then replace it if it blows again then the motor itself or there is a wire shorting out and it needs to be fixed.As for the windows it can be a faulty master switch in the drivers door.