Kyle N.
Kyle N., Honda Master Tech
Experience:  Honda Dealer Tech, ASE Master Auto Tech

Change my fuel filter on a 2004 honda accord euro 2.4 litre engine.

Customer Question

How do i change my fuel filter on a 2004 honda accord euro 2.4 litre engine.
Thanks Trevor
Category: Honda
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 7 years ago.

Unlike older cars the newer Hondas don't have a replaceable fuel filter anymore. The only thing they have is a screen sock inside the tank which doesn't need to be replaced unless foreign material like diesel fuel gets put into the tank. You should never have to replace it under normal conditions. I hope that helps. Let me know if you need more help.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi,in the service book its says in tank fuel filter must be changed @ 80,000 klms which my car has done, the spare parts shop said the filter is a cartrage type filter which is attached to the fuel pump my vehicle is a 2004 Honda accord euro with a 2.4 litre engine. The Ryco brand number for this filter is Z649.
Thanks Trevor
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 7 years ago.
Maybe the european models are different but in the USA the 04 Accord has no service interval for the filter. Who told you that?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
In my service book it states that the in tank CARTRIDGE FILTER MUST BE CHANGED @ 80,000 kLMS .IT IS NOT A SOCK FILTER But a cartridge unit ryco filter #Z649 The Honda is a Accord Euro model 2.4 litre 2004 model can you help.
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 7 years ago.
Is the book you have from Honda? Could you scan and upload it to see?