heritage36, Honda Technician
Experience:  Certified Honda technician of 5 years. Skilled in all areas of Honda/Acura repair and maintenance.

2007 Honda Accord: drivers side airbag interchangeable/will fit..4D

Customer Question

Which other years (ie. 2003,04, 05,06??) are driver's side airbag interchangeable/will fit on a 2007 Honda Accord VP 4D 4C airbag?
Category: Honda
Expert:  heritage36 replied 7 years ago.

After checking the part numbers, I confirmed it is only 06 and 07 that are the same. Its worth noting that they come in different colors also, so it may be quite difficult to match your specific color. You would likely only be able to get one new from honda, and that would cost around $550-650. Used I cannot really say a price, probably $400 give or take if I had to guess. I am not sure if you are aware or not but whenever SRS components are deployed the SRS control unit does have to be replaced also. That unit is in the center of the bottom of the dash, kinda below the audio panel on the floor. If you install a new one as you will need to you would not need to reset it at all, but to answer your question, a Honda SRS unit can only be reset by a honda specific scantool, so you would be stuck taking it to a dealer for that. Let me know if you have any questions about any of this, thanks.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Does your answer of interchangeability applying to both 2006 and 2007 apply to 2 and 4 door and for all models? It appears that some poeple think the 4 cylinder and the V6 take a different air bag. Are they different?

No, it does not change from a 4 to a 6 or from a 2 door to 4 door, so any are interchangable. Thanks and let me know if you have any further questions.